Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wild Thaaang!

What do ya know, another week has come and gone at the blink of an eye. The past few weeks have been very low key and uneventful. As for this week, the busy hectic days have found us yet again. School started on Wednesday which marked my LAST first day of school.

School and I do not get along very well. We never have and I am going to bet we never will. Something about SCHOOL, even just hearing the word school, makes me a huge stressball. I've always had to work really hard to do well at school, but who hasn't? Oh wait, I can answer that.. ERIC! I wish I could just put a wig on him and let him to take my classes for me. I am very impatient so the whole reading, studying, and trying to memorize stuff just doesn't come easy to me. Blah blah blah, I know! Any how, this first week of school was only a 3 day week since we started on a Wednesday. This being my last semester it is suppose to be an easy one. Only 12 hours, what a breeze compared to 19 last semster. Well thats what I went in thinking Wednesday. Unfortunately, of the 12 hours I needed to graduate I was only registered in 6! Two of the courses I needed had closed within 30 minutes of registration. I had to go find these two professors and ask for permission to get in their courses. Psh, how hard could that be? Well, you would think EASY but I made the mistake of taking Kayden with me. We were sent from office to office and from one side of campus to the complete opposite side of campus. Kayden hadn't napped at all and was hungry and just frustrated. I was frustrated, tired, and stressed which just made it that much better. :] We were a lovely pair that day. Well, as we're in a quiet office waiting to see the Dean of Education, Kayden begins to lose it. When I say lose it I mean, throwing herself on the floor screaming at the top of her lungs while kicking her feet. It didn't take long for people to start poking their heads in the doorway to see if I was abusing her. As I was trying to pick her up and stay as calm and collected as I possibly could a lady walks in and looks me dead in the eye and asks, "Do I need to get you a conference room?". Oh man, BAD timing lady!!! I said, "No, no, no we do not need a conference room. We are leaving!" It wasn't her fault but c'mon lady! So, we left. Got absolutely nothing accomplished and I didn't care. I was so upset with Kayden and I just didn't understand where I had gone wrong. It was like she had never been disciplined in her entire life. Great parenting, Jenna! After getting to the car and sitting there almost in tears, I called Eric. Eric is always good at bringing me back to reality and making me see the whole picture. It had nothing to do with discipline or how we parent, she was tired, hungry, and the last thing she wanted to do was sit in an office and have to be still! DUH! Thank the Lord for a "whole picture" kind of husband. ;)

That was our excitement of the week. Not too much else went on, we ate sushi, Kayden had her first krispy kreme donut, my back is officially broken, and Kayden almost tried to glue her throat shut with rubber cement. :) All is well with the Robinson's!

Over 'n out til next week! 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment