Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hakuna Mutata

Well, now that i'm "caught" up I can begin my weekly postings! I'm still new at this and not too great at it, yet! The title of this post is in honor of Kayden's favorite movie the Lion King. :]

This past week was a crazy one. I felt like Kayden grew out of all of her shoes and clothes over night! I went to put an outfit on her and it looked like I it was 4 sizes too small. I went into the closet and pulled out a 2T outfit. I figured we were going to be hanging out around the house so it didn't matter if it was a tad too big. Shockingly enough, IT FIT!! She's growing so fast we just can't believe it. Not only is she growing out of her outfits but even her shoes. She usually LOVES walking around in shoes. She will bring you shoes and want you to put them just to walk around the house. The other day I put her tennis shoes on and as soon as I put them on her she fell to the ground and started fussin'. It didn't hit me until she would try and walk and start grabbing her toes..HELLO MOMMY wake up..they don't fit! These tennis shoes were only 1 month old! I couldn't believe she grew out of them so fast.

Two weeks ago Kayden was sick with the Croup. Wow, was it a scary thing for a parent to see their baby go through. She was almost hospitalized because her airways were so swollen but thank the Lord we were able to treat her at home. She was put on steroids for the swelling and we bought a humidifier for her room. She hadn't slept in 6 days and neither had Eric and I. Just as we thought she was on the path to a full recovery, we had a relapse! We took her to see her doctor to find out that her Croup had turned into Bronchitis and she was now at risk for a Pnemonia! We just couldn't catch a break. After 3 days of antibiotics, she was finally sleeping. Throughout the 10 days of on and off sleeping Eric and I let Kayden lay in bed with us which we have never allowed before. We just felt so sorry for our baby and we were so tired that it was just the easiest fix. Well, we have paid the price for that easy fix this entire week! Kayden has gotten so used to mommy or daddy coming and recusing her and letting her sleep in the big bed. After 4 days of just letting her "cry it out" she is finally sleeping through the night again. Whew, i'm sure we won't ever make that mistake again!

I love watching Kayden learn new things. Duh, what parent doesn't right? Well the other day we were stuck in the house with nothing to do. Daddy was at work and it was rainy, what a boring day! We were both getting stir crazy so I decided to paint Kayden's fingers and toe nails for the first time. She was so patient and still but she was very unsure about this new junk on her fingers and toes. It took about 2 minutes then she forgot all about it! Then I sung the Itsy Bitsy Spider and acted it out with my hands. She thought it was so funny! She caught on fast and next thing I know she was doing the motions with her hands while swaying side to side babbling! So stinkin' cute! The last thing I decided to try and teach her was how to answer the question, "How old are you?". It took her only 5 minutes to learn how to hold up a finger when I asked her how old she was. She is so quick to catch on, it amazes me! Here is a video that we made for my parents to show them how old their grandbaby was:


No comments:

Post a Comment