Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let's Catch up!

This will most likely be one of my longer blogs. I'm going try and do an "overview" of the past year.

Ok, here goes nothin'. Kayden was born September 18, 2008 at 5:34pm. She weighed 8lbs. 5oz. and 20 3/4in. long! What a big girl! As soon as she was born Eric made sure he called and let everyone know our beautiful baby had arrived. He started out every conv
erstation with, "Kayden is finally here. Her and Jenna are doing fine. She was 8lbs. 5oz. and has 11 fingers and 11 toes." Not many took this seriously because Eric has always been known to stretch the truth from time to time BUT he was telling the truth! Kayden was born with an extra digit (that's what the doctors called it) on her left hand and one on her right foot. Thankfully there was no bone in them so all they had to do was tie them off and they would fall off with time. Sounds pretty crazy? Well, what's even crazier is Eric wanted to keep them. We have them in a baggie and it is titled, "Kaydens digits". I'm not sure exactly what Eric intends to do with these digits but he insisted that we keep them. :0

Every single person that gave us advice on parenting told us, "It will fly by and you will start asking where time went". Yea right, right? What a bunch of exaggerations, how could it possibly go by that fast. I am here to confess that, they WERE right! I feel like yesterday was the first day we were able to feed Kayden rice cereal then we got to move onto Stage 1 baby foods, and on to Stage 2. Next thing I know she's sitting at the table in a booster chair eating dinner with us! I was one of those moms that just couldn't wait for her little baby to start crawling. We worked on it everyday, I was just so anxious for her to get moving. Well that day finally came in July. Oh, it was so cute and exciting...at first! I had NO idea what I was in for until she began to really get the hang of it. Next thing I know, she's got a mouth full of dog food, she pressed a button on the vcr that recorded over one of her daddys old videotapes (I still have yet to tell him :-x), and she discovered the toliet! It didn't take me very long to start wishing she would unlearn how to crawl! I'm kidding but at times I did wish she could forget just for a day! I learned my lesson and never pushed her to walk. She learned that ALL on her own time. She took her first steps at her 1st birthday party in September. It was bittersweet, my baby girl was growing up. Before we know it, she'll be off to pre-school, high school, then college! No no! I want her to stay my little baby forever!

The year 2008 was an amazing year for us! Eric and I got married, Kayden was born, we went to Vegas with Camille and Charlie, the Carthage Bulldogs won their first football State Championship in school history, we went to Destin, Florida with Eric's side of the family, we drove 14 hours to West Virginia for Spring Break to visit my parents, and we got a new car (Nissan Armada). Wow! What a year, huh? We are extremely blessed and way undeserving of it all!! Just as we thought it couldn't get ANY better in any aspect of our lives, it did! The bulldogs won their 2nd consecutive State Championship! ONE State ring was unheard of and now we have TWO!? To make it even better the bulldogs went undefeated and are on a 29 game winning streak. If that's not hard work, I'm not sure what is!?


I currently teach a boot camp for the women in Carthage. One of my friends gave me the idea one day when I was complaining about being bored. I was really unsure of how it would go or if I would even enjoy it. It started off slowly in August and there were many times that I told Eric I couldn't do it anymore! Eric is so patient and I am NOT at all! As the months went by the more clients I got, some that liked it and some that didn't! As much as I wanted to give up, I am so thankful for Eric pushing me to keep going with it. It has become something that I absoloutely LOVE, not because of the money but from the results. It is amazing how just working out can change a persons whole entire attitude. They are so dedicated and thankful. The results are so rewarding!

Well, that wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be. Like I said before, i'm not much of a writer. I know I left out a lot of things but my mind gets all boggled when I put it on the spot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment